Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) in Mumbai said it saw more than 4 million passengers in February 2023, once again surpassing the pre-COVID passenger mark.
“The increase in passenger traffic is being led by growing demand for domestic travel and various other travel segments across India, as well as continued passenger confidence in CSMIA,” the airport operator said in a statement.
The year 2023 started positively: CSMIA served around 4.5 million passengers in January.
CSMIA reported serving over 4 million passengers on 24,292 flights, which is 57% more than February 2022.
Of the total passenger movement, the airport handled approximately 75% of domestic passenger traffic and the remaining 25% was international passengers.
Additionally, with 3.9 million passengers in February 2020, the airport has achieved 2% growth from pre-COVID levels.
On February 12, total domestic passenger traffic reached 4,37,800 with 2,935 departures in a single day across India.
The increase in passenger movements is a positive sign and a testament to the confidence of nations and growing confidence in the safety standards and improved customer experience of CSMIA and the airline industry alike.
Dubai, London and Abu Dhabi remain the top three international destinations with the busiest passenger traffic through Mumbai, the airport operator said.
Similarly, Delhi, Bengaluru and Goa continue to maintain their positions as the top three most popular domestic destinations.
CSMIA offers passengers connections to 65 domestic and 47 international destinations.